Main theme: “Library as a promoter of democracy and active citizenship”
a. Agenda 2030 and Archive Library Museum (ALM) communities
• Green libraries
• Measurement and impact analysis
b. The Impact of libraries in:
• Economic development
• Workforce Development
• People’s lives and communities
• Education and research
• Social inclusion
c. Archive Library Museum (ALM) communities:
• Protection and promotion of cultural heritage
• Risk management in ALM Communities
• Management of cultural goods in ALM Community
d. Democracy and visibility
• Visualization of statistics
• Social Μedia and the marketing
• Fake news
• New ICTs and their influence
e. Future libraries
• Expanded boundaries
• New generation of services
• Innovative synergies and collaborations
Pre Conference Social event
For those of you who join on site, the Mediterranean University offers a guided tour to the center of the city of Heraklion, to the Vikelaia Municipal Library and to Knossos.
The tour is free of charge.program of the tour as well as the form to register. Please email us back the registration form before 9th of May at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please see the
Workshop 1 . The Library as Promoter of Democracy: Composite Index Approach/Markku Antero Laitinen, Senior Advisor, Consultant.
Svetlana Kirichenko, University of Helsinki.
Jouni Henrik Juntumaa, City of Helsinki, Culture and Leisure Sector.
Workshop 2 . Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Faculty Perceptions of Open Access in the Social Sciences and Humanities/Camille Thomas, Scholarly Communication Librarian, Florida State University.
Tatiana Bryant, Director of Teaching, Learning, and Research Services, Barnard College.